37. As with checks on veterinary health certificates, Port Health will charge for checking IUU catch certificates on a cost-recovery basis.
38. The charges that have been proposed by and agreed with the Association of Port Health Authorities are:
- £15 per consignment for imports from EEA/EFTA countries
- £15 per CVED for imports from those countries that have signed a bilateral agreement with the EC, and re-imports of EC catches.
- £45 per CVED for all other imports
39. The lower charges for EEA/EFTA countries and countries with a bilateral agreement reflects the lower risk status of those imports and the corresponding level of checks that will be required.
40. The charges have been calculated to reflect the expected costs of carrying out the checking and verification process, and include other costs such as accommodation, IT/ telephone/fax equipment & maintenance, administration and invoice processing.
41. The charges will be reviewed by 1 April 2010, and where necessary revised, in light of experience of operating the new system.