We will protect other personal data we receive in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will use the data provided in the CAP subsidy application primarily for the purpose of processing the applications. However, personal data may also be used subject to the safeguards of the 1998 Act for purposes connected with:
• Administration of the Common Agricultural Policy
• SRDP and other aid schemes
• The production and safety of food
• Management of land and other environmental controls
• Provision of services to businesses
• Animal health and welfare
• Occupational health and welfare.
Data may be passed (when necessary for these purposes) to other bodies. For example to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) for environment and water monitoring purposes, or to local authorities for milk or health purposes. Data may also be used for statistical purposes, not identifying individuals, which may reduce the need for some statistical data collection. It may also be used when necessary to comply with the Freedom of Information Act or the Environmental Information Regulations noted above.