This table shows the regional priorities relevant to the region you have selected.
Each regional priority has a unique code (column one) which will help you to identify your selected priorities when completing your Statement of Intent/Proposal.
The detailed description (column two) has been provided to help you understand the implications and outcomes being sought by each priority.
The package numbers (column three) will help you to cross reference those relevant packages to the regional priority you have selected, with the full list of packages detailed on the right hand side of the page
Regional Priority Code
Thriving Rural Communities Priorities
Improved viability and wellbeing of Scotland's rural communities. By the provision of access to high quality socially, environmentally and economically sustainable community buildings (such as multi-use community centres), and facilities (i.e. sport and leisure). Helping communities address local community service needs.
- community-based initiatives that will improve and/or retain access to services for those living within rural areas particularly aimed at young people, older people, under employed, unemployed, women, micro-businesses, social enterprises minority groups and community groups
- proposals that make better use of existing community facilities, e.g. by diversifying the use of a community building, making better use of IT technology, improving building energy efficiency.
Sustainable, resilient rural communities, which are empowered and encouraged to take a positive role in influencing issues affecting them and their communities, through improving skills, knowledge and capacity and supporting other community led initiatives.
Particularly proposals that:
- involve an established, constituted and active community in Ayrshire with a clear geographical remit
- undertake significant investigative or preparatory work for a planned development benefiting the community
- deliver a development project, local service, running a social enterprise, acquiring a modest asset or project that influences/directs others
- use organisationally effective and strategically placed skills, training, volunteer base, financial management systems, technology and communications to achieve their goals
- achieve core financial independence, i.e. secured a sustainable income stream.