- We are using 128 bit secure encryption.
- Once you have logged in you will see a padlock symbol (as shown in the image on the right) displayed in the bottom right of your browser. This indicates that you are in a secure website.
- Your browser software must be able to detect when 128 bit encryption is required. System requirements gives further information on combatability requirements.
- Please ensure that your browser displays the correct web address of https://sedsh04.sedsh.gov.uk.
- Security of your data is extremely important to us. We will hold your data securely and only you, persons you authorise, and rural payments online will have access to your data. For that reason you should keep your password secure. You must take all reasonable care to prevent its unauthorised use. You must not disclose it or leave a written record of it in open view.
- If at any time you suspect that someone has knowledge of your password you should change it by logging in.
- We will never ask you to confirm personal business information, such as banking details, by email or online.
- If you think your logon number and password have been misused or you have received suspect emails claiming to be from rural payments online, you must inform the Helpdesk on 0845 601 7597 as soon as possible.
- If you fail to comply or we consider your actions appear to be fraudulent, we may at any time cancel or suspend your right to use the electronic system. If your actions appear to be fraudulent we may also refuse to make payment in respect of your electronic documents.
- We will use any information you provide electronically under the rules of the appropriate scheme. We will handle information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Page updated: Friday, July 03, 2009