Can't find what you're looking for?
Then either Browse through all our statistics topics or Search for specific information.
Scottish Neighbourhood Statistics
Housing Statistics for Scotland - Key Information and Summary Tables
Key Information and Summary Tables
A range of key housing information and summary tables for Scotland and local authority area. Information is either provided by calendar year or financial year.
- Key Indicators - Scotland level annual summary of information provided in detail elswhere in HSfS eg. New Build, RtB sales, local authority housing
- Stock by Tenure - An annual estimate of the tenure of the Scottish Dwelling Stock
- LA Summary - Dwellings, local authority dwellings and rent levels and housing benefit recipients by local authority area.
- Financial indicators - Annual Scottish Government Housing and Regeneration budget, social sector rents, and Housing Tender Price Index
- House sales - Residential transactions and Mortgage Completions - quarterly series
Key information and summary tables
- Key indicators - calendar year time series from 1996 to 2010 or 2011 - financial year time series from 1995-96 to 2011-12
- Estimated stock of dwellings by tenure - calendar year time series from 1993 to 2000 and financial year time series from 2001-02 to 2010-11. Please note the change in methodology from 2001. We would welcome feedback on this ( email@example.com)
- Summary information for local authority areas (including numbers on council tax register, housing benefit recipients, weekly local authority rents)
- Financial key indicators - financial year time series from 1997-98 to 2012-13. This table includes regeneration funding which until recently has been shown as part of a separate budget. There was also a change in the budget headings for 2011-12. Explanations of this change and the relation to the budget headings for previous years is provided in the footnotes.
- Residential property transactions and mortgage completions - calendar year time series 1997-2010 and quarterly time series from January 2006 to March 2012.
Page updated: Thursday, February 28, 2013