Can't find what you're looking for?
Then Browse through all our statistics.
Scottish Neighbourhood Statistics
Housing Statistics for Scotland - Key Information and Summary Tables
Key Information and Summary Tables
A range of key housing information and summary tables for Scotland and local authority area. Information is either provided by calendar year or financial year.
- Key Indicators - Scotland level annual summary of information provided in detail elswhere in HSfS eg. New Build, RtB sales, local authority housing
- Stock by Tenure - An annual estimate of the tenure of the Scottish Dwelling Stock
- LA Summary - Dwellings, local authority dwellings and rent levels and housing benefit recipients by local authority area.
- Financial indicators - Annual Scottish Government Housing and Regeneration budget, social sector rents, and Housing Tender Price Index
- House sales - Residential transactions and Mortgage Completions - quarterly series
Key information and summary tables
- Note: The housing list figure for 2007 included in this spreadsheet was corrected in Feb 2014. The figure previously published (192,712) was incorrect as figures for one local authority had inadvertently been excluded from the total. This error only applied in the key information and summary tabel and not in the housing lists table published elsewhere.
- Key indicators - calendar year time series from 1996 to 2011 or 2012 - financial year time series from 1995-96 to 2012-13
- Estimated stock of dwellings by tenure - calendar year time series from 1993 to 2000 and financial year time series from 2001-02 to 2011-12. Please note the change in methodology from 2001. We would welcome feedback on this ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summary information for local authority areas (including numbers on council tax register, housing benefit recipients, weekly local authority rents)
- Financial key indicators - financial year time series from 1997-98 to 2013-14. This table includes regeneration funding which until recently has been shown as part of a separate budget. There was also a change in the budget headings for 2011-12. Explanations of this change and the relation to the budget headings for previous years is provided in the footnotes.
- Residential property transactions and mortgage completions - calendar year time series 1997-2010 and quarterly time series from January 2006 to March 2013.
Page updated: Wednesday, May 21, 2014