All statistics contained in the SNAP area of this website are classed as data being developed. They are initial results of a testing phase and are not fully developed. It is important that users clearly understand the status of these series and the cautions that apply.
Limitations of use of statistics categorised as Data Being Developed
- Statistics that are not deemed fit for general use may be released to expert users for peer review purposes if appropriate. All such statistics will be published on the website as "data being developed".
- These statistics will not be the subject of media releases.
- They will be released with a clear statement of why they are being released and the limits on their use.
- They will not be pre-announced through the formal National Statistics process.
- Expert users will be kept well informed about the development of data being developed.
SNAP Data Being Developed
- The SNAP data, available on this website, are mainly in a development phase and do not yet meet the rigorous quality standards of National Statistics. They are being released to allow expert users the opportunity to comment and advise on methodological issues.
- The data sources and methodologies are currently undergoing scrutiny and peer review. The Scottish Economic Statistics Consultants Group will be consulted before any derived statistical product is upgraded to "official statistics".
- They are liable to be revised on an ad-hoc basis as methods and data sources are developed. Full details of any changes, and a version control system, will be made available to users on the web.
- These statistics are provided to users as a light-touch consultation process. We would be grateful for any informed feedback from potential users.
- Figures may be used for research or modelling purposes on the understanding that the statsitics are not "official" as outlined above. Please quote the Source: SNAP Data Being Developed together with the release date. For any further advice on their use, please contact the SNAP team.
Main aggregates and summary accounts
Corporations (currently empty)
General Government (currently empty)
Households and non-profit institutions serving households
Rest of World