Crime, Disorder and Danger - Fire and Rescue Services
High Level Summary of Statistics Trend Last update: Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Attacks on Fire and Rescue Service Personnel
- In 2011-12 there were 112 recorded incidents (provisional data) where attacks on Fire and Rescue Services personnel occurred. There was 1 injury to a firefighter.
Home Fire Safety Visits
- For every 1,000 dwellings in Scotland in 2011-12, Scottish Fire and Rescue Services performed 23 Home Fire Safety Visits.
Non – Domestic Fire Safety
- In 2011-12, Scotland’s Fire and Rescue Services completed 7,555 fire safety audits. This represents audits of 5% of known non-domestic premises in Scotland and took a total of 49,969 hours.
- Of the 7,555 fire safety audits that were completed in 2010-11, 90% were found to have reached compliant standards after the initial inspection.
- There were 40 enforcement notices, 26 prohibition notices and 3 alterations notices issued in 2011-12 by Scotland’s Fire and Rescue Services.
On the 31 March 2012, the headcount of Fire and Rescue Services staff in Scotland was 9,040, of which 14% are female.
Overall 0.6% of Scotland’s Fire and Rescue Services staff are recorded as belonging to a minority ethnic group and 0.6% has a disability.
Scotland’s Fire and Rescue Services Headcount – 2009-10 to 2011-12
Page updated: Monday, August 20, 2012