Children, Young People and Social Care - Data Sources and Suitability
The purpose of this section is to provide information on data sources that are commonly used in the field of Children, Young People and Social Care. The aim is to direct users to valuable sources of information and draw attention to any interesting aspects or peculiarities they contain so that future utilisation of the data is well-informed.
A Statement of Administrative Sources is available, which covers:
- Administrative systems used to produce official statistics
- Information about administrative sources not currently being used but with the potential to be so used
- Arrangements in place to provide statistical staff with appropriate access to such sources
- Arrangements to take account of changes to administrative data source systems
- Auditing the quality of the administrative data used for statistical purposes
- Ensuring the security of the resultant statistical processes.
This document is available here: Statement of Administrative Sources
Information is currently available at national and local authority level. However, this will be developed over time when we hope to add information on international and other sub-Scotland data and on future developments.