Growth Sector Statistics
High Level Summary of Statistics Trend Last update: Thursday, March 14, 2013
Growth Sector Statistics - Employment
The growth sector statistics provide economic statistics for the six private sector dominated growth sectors as set out in the Government Economic Strategy (GES) 2011:
- Food & Drink (including agriculture & fisheries)
- Creative Industries (including digital)
- Sustainable Tourism
- Energy (including renewables)
- Financial & Business Services
- Life Sciences
View chart data
Sources: Scottish Government, ONS, Business Register and Employment Survey (BRES)
- Employment includes employees plus the number of working owners who receive drawings or a share of the profits but are not paid via PAYE. However, the employment estimate does not include those that are self employed operating below the VAT threshold with no employees i.e. the smallest sole proprietors and partnerships.
- Estimates for 2011 are provisional.
Page updated: Thursday, March 14, 2013