The 2020 Workforce Vision Everyone Matters was published in June 2013, following a Scotland-wide conversation with over 10,000 staff and stakeholders. It captures the things that staff said need to change and be done better and makes a commitment to valuing the workforce and treating people well. It sets out the core values of NHSScotland which are:
- care and compassion
- dignity and respect
- openness, honesty and responsibility
- quality and teamwork
NHS Boards have been asked to ensure that their local values align with these overall NHSScotland values and that they are reflected in everything they do.
The first Implementation Framework and Plan for 2014-15 was published in December. It sets out five priorities for action:
- Making sure that everyone uses our values to guide the decisions they take and the way we treat each other
- Making sure that the right people with the right skills are in the right jobs and that there are enough people to do the work
- Making development reviews/ appraisals more meaningful, ensuring that support staff have fair access to learning and development, and developing skills to improve the quality of what we do
- Making sure that the care we provide is more joined up – across primary and secondary care and with our partners and other Boards
- Making sure that leaders and managers have the skills to manage people and that they lead by example
Everyone Matters is the workforce policy for NHSScotland, it supports our 2020 Vision for Healthcare in Scotland and our Quality Ambitions.