About the Accountability and Governance Action Group (AGAG)
The Accountability and Governance Action Group (AGAG) will consider improvements to the governance and accountability of scrutiny organisations in accordance with the principles of scrutiny as recommended in the Crerar Review. The work will progress with specific reference to other work on more proportionate external scrutiny.
- Ian Mitchell (Chair) - Scottish Government
- Martin Booth - CoSLA
- Graham Donaldson - HMIE
- Alexis Jay - Social Work Inspection Agency
- Ian Leitch - Scottish Parliament
- Trevor Muir - SOLACE
- Karen Watt - Scottish Housing Regulator
- David Pia - Audit Scotland
- Jacquie Roberts - Care Commission
- Jane Ryder - Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- David Steel - NHS QIS
The action group's report to Ministers can be found here.
Papers from the fourth meeting held on 19 June 2008 can be found here.
Papers from the third meeting held on 15 May 2008 can be found here.
Papers from the second meeting held on 17 Aril 2008 can be found here.
Papers from the first meeting held on 18 February 2008 can be found here.
(Minutes of the meeting are now attached)