The Single Point of Enquiry is an independent, impartial and confidential service for suppliers to the public sector in Scotland.
- We can help you by offering advice on the procurement rules which must be followed by public bodies in Scotland and information on how contracts are advertised and awarded.
- If you have concerns about a specific tender exercise, we can work with you and the buying organisation to try to resolve your concerns.
- We do not have formal powers to investigate suppliers' concerns or change decisions made by buying organisations.
- Feedback from suppliers contributes to improvements in public procurement practices in Scotland.
What should I do before approaching the Single Point of Enquiry?
- You should always raise any concerns you have about a specific tender exercise with the buying organisation as soon as possible. This includes asking any questions necessary to make sure you understand what is needed during the tender exercise.
How long does it take to respond to an enquiry?
- We will acknowledge your enquiry and will discuss the issue with you if necessary. The time needed to carry out a review depends on how complex the case is. If we know that key deadlines in the tender exercise are approaching, we will prioritise your case.
Will the Single Point of Enquiry always agree to look into my concerns?
- In most circumstances, we will work with you and the buying organisation to try to resolve your concerns.
- If, having consulted a solicitor, you decide to bring legal proceedings, Single Point of Enquiry will not consider your case until the legal proceedings have been completed.
How can I contact the Single Point of Enquiry?
Please complete our questionnaire which will summarise your issue and e-mail it to: SPOEprocurement@scotland.gsi.gov.uk.
We can also be contacted by telephone: 0141 242 5466.
As with all public bodies we are bound by the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
We are committed to improving the service we provide to suppliers. Please feedback using the Customer Satisfaction Form.