The Emissions Reduction Programme Board was established in the Scottish Government to oversee delivery of the statutory annual emissions reduction targets required by the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009.
The Board meets quarterly and is chaired by the Director-General Enterprise, Environment and Digital, Graeme Dickson. Membership covers Directors from the key areas within the Scottish Government involved with delivering emissions reductions:
- Director for Agriculture, Food and Rural Payments, Jonathan Pryce
- Director for Business, John Mason
- Director for Energy, David Wilson
- Director for Environment and Forestry, Bob McIntosh
- Director for Housing, Regeneration and Welfare, Alisdair McIntosh
- Chief Executive Transport Scotland, David Middleton
SEPA’s Chief Executive, Professor James Curran MBE, joined the Board in March 2012 and Alan Thompson, a former senior executive in the electricity industry, joined the Board in February 2013 to provide an independent perspective.