2011-12 Fund - Successful applications announced
48 post offices across Scotland are receiving offers of awards of up to £25,000. The list of awards gives further details. The news was welcomed by Energy, Enterprise and Tourism Minister Fergus Ewing.
The £1 Million Challenge Fund aims to help post offices diversify with new business activities and become increasingly sustainable. All applications received by the closing date were assessed against consistent criteria with the most compelling proposals offered funding. Applications had to demonstrate both a strong social purpose and long term economic return on investment.
On 9 February 2011 the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Sustainable Growth, John Swinney, announced a further deployment of £1 million to operate the Fund in 2011-12. It aims to help sustain and develop businesses which are built around post offices, given their vital role in communities and local economies. It was launched by John Swinney on 14 March 2011.
Following consultation, the 2011-12 Fund will operate along similar lines to that for 2010-11. The only exception is that those post offices which received funds under the 2010-11 scheme will not be eligible to apply again. The application form and guidance notes give further details.
- Following requests under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 for such data, this document provides non-commercial information in the form of some of the assessment scores relevant to all individual applications for the most recent round of the Post Office Diversification Fund for Scotland.
- Information relating to the diversification aspects of successful applicants can also be found here.
- 47 post offices across Scotland received funding and the list of awards gives further details.
- Following requests under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 for such data, this document provides non-commercial information in the form of some of the assessment scores relevant to all individual applications for the 2010-11 round of the Post Office Diversification Fund for Scotland.
- Information relating to the diversification aspects of successful applicants can be found in this table.
2010-11 Fund Evaluation
In April and May 2012, the Scottish Government carried out a survey to evaluate the effectiveness of PODF 2010-11. All 47 grant recipients received a questionnaire – which can be viewed in Annex A of the report – by post. A report of the findings can be found here.
2010-11 Fund Consultation Process
The details of the scheme were based on a short consultation launched by Enterprise Minister Jim Mather on 10 June 2010. A summary of consultation responses is available here.
More information is available from:
5 Atlantic Quay
Phone: 0300 244 1145