5TH BUSINESS IN THE PARLIAMENT CONFERENCE: 18 and 19 JUNE 2009
"INNOVATING FOR THE UPTURN"
The Business in the Parliament Conference is an unique event run jointly between the Scottish Government and the Scottish Parliament. The main aim of this conference is to provide a forum for Ministers and MSPs to engage with the business community. The theme of this year's conference was "Innovating for the upturn" and delegates heard from a range of speakers. The discussion sessions were hosted by a Minister/MSP/Senior figure and facilitated by an industry expert focussing on the following themes:
• Skills utilisation and investing in the workforce;
• Innovation in science and technology;
• Public sector innovation;
• Innovative regulation;
• Innovation in manufacturing;
• Growing business innovation in Scotland; and
• Systems alignment.
The annual event attracted approximately 200 business men and women from across Scotland's business sector.
• Proceedings (links directly to the Business in the Parliament website)
• Discussion Sessions
• Discussion Group Reports
• Response to outputs from discussion groups
• The Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee
Any queries please contact: email@example.com