What is it?
The Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland: National Schemes provide measures to support those likely to have difficulty paying their fuel bills or keeping their home sufficiently warm.
Am I eligible?
Almost everyone can get some form of help.
- Free expert energy advice to anyone who phones the Home Energy Scotland hotline on 0808 808 2282.
- Benefits and tax credit checks and information on low cost energy tariffs to those at risk of fuel poverty.
Energy efficiency measures are available from the Scottish Government or an energy supplier under the Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland:
- Affordable Warmth if you are in receipt of certain benefits*
- Energy Assistance Scheme if you meet qualifying criteria*
- There are also local authority-led Area Based Schemes in qualifying areas.
How do I find out more?
The Energy Saving Trust manages delivery of the Affordable Warmth and Energy Assistance Schemes national schemes through the Home Energy Scotland hotline on behalf of the Scottish Government. To find out what they can offer you, telephone the hotline on 0808 808 2282 or visit the Home Energy Scotland website.