The Preventative Support Working Group has completed its final report.
The Group was established in early 2011 to take forward actions from the Wider Planning for an Ageing Population report, relating to:
- promotion of housing support services for older people and disabled people;
- reviewing provision of handyperson services by social landlords and voluntary agencies;
- options for promoting Care and Repair;
- investigating the feasibility of social enterprise business models for provision of preventative support services; and
- showcasing housing promoting social networks and community support.
Preventative support services are important to both older people and disabled people, so the Working Group included representatives of both groups.
Minutes of the Group's meetings are available:
The Group commissioned a survey on preventative support services in Scotland during the summer of 2011. An analysis of the findings is available.