Under the New Supply Shared Equity scheme, the Scottish Government gives grants to registered social landlords - normally a housing association or housing co-operative - to help them build or buy new homes for sale. The Low-cost Initiative for First Time Buyers: New Supply Shared Equity 2014 information leaflet is available for buyers (viewable in the contents section of the publications page).
You can get details about the locations of New Supply Shared Equity projects currently available and the registered social landlords participating in the scheme in the following areas:
- South East (Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, West Lothian)
- North (Eilean Siar, Highland, Moray, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands)
- North and East (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Clackmannanshire, Dundee, Falkirk, Perth & Kinross, Stirling)
- Clyde (Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Argyll and Bute, West Dunbartonshire, East Dunbartonshire)
- Glasgow City
- South and West (North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, Dumfries and Galloway, North Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire)
Note - Not all local authorities listed within the Scottish Government administrative areas have properties available.
Information for registered social landlords
With reference to Guidance Note HSGN 2014/06, new 2014 Administrative Procedures for this scheme have been produced for registered social landlords, the Scottish Government, the City of Edinburgh Council and Glasgow City Council (viewable in the contents section of the publications page).