Under the New Supply Shared Equity scheme, the Scottish Government gives grants to registered social landlords - normally a housing association or housing co-operative - to help them build or buy new homes for sale. A brochure Low-cost Initiative for First Time Buyers: New Supply Shared Equity contains more detailed information.
You can get details about the locations of New Supply Shared Equity projects currently available and the registered social landlords participating in the scheme in the following areas:
- South East (Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, West Lothian)
- North (Eilean Siar, Highland, Moray, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands)
- North and East (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Clackmannanshire, Dundee, Falkirk, Perth & Kinross, Stirling)
- Clyde (Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Argyll and Bute, West Dunbartonshire, East Dunbartonshire)
- Glasgow City
- South and West (North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, Dumfries and Galloway, North Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire)
Note - Not all local authorities listed within the Scottish Government administrative areas have properties available.
Information for registered social landlords
Operational grant procedures for this scheme have been produced for registered social landlords, the Scottish Government, the City of Edinburgh Council and Glasgow City Council.