The Affordable Rented Housing Advisory Group (ARHAG) was set up as a forum for Scottish Government officials and relevant stakeholders to take forward proposals for legislative change on the way affordable rented housing in Scotland is allocated and managed. The remit of the group is to:
- act as a sounding board;
- provide advice to help inform Ministers' decisions on proposals for change;
- provide comments and consider resolutions to problems on proposals for change;
- assist in the development of any future legislative change; and
- be a conduit for broader stakeholder engagement on relevant issues as and when appropriate.
The group will meet regularly until the introduction of draft legislation into Parliament. The meetings will be structured to focus on particular proposals from the Affordable Rented Housing Consultation. The group will be chaired by Nicola Paterson from the Scottish Government Social Housing Access and Management Team.
The papers of group are shared with a number of organisations and groups, including: Local authorities; Registered Social Landlords; Registered Tenant Organisations; Convention of Scottish Local Authorities; Equalities and Human Rights Commission; Citizens Advice Scotland and TC Young Solicitors.
The following organisations also receive the papers and are active members of the Advisory Group: Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers; Antisocial Behaviour Lawyers' Forum; Antisocial Behaviour Officers' Forum; Chartered Institute of Housing; Glasgow & West of Scotland Forum of Housing Associations; Scottish Courts Service; Scottish Federation of Housing Associations; Scottish Housing Regulator; Shelter Scotland and Tenants Regional Network's Chairpersons.
- Meeting 1 - 4 July 2012 - Papers
- Meeting 2 - 25 September 2012 - Papers
- Meeting 3 - 30 October 2012 - Papers
- Meeting 4 - 6 December 2012 - Papers
- Meeting 5 - 21 February 2013 - Papers