These statistics provide the latest data on post-appeal attainment (2011/12), initial and sustained school leaver destinations (2011/12) and healthy living (2013).
Some of the main findings are:
• The percentage of school leavers attaining one or more qualifications at Higher or Advanced Higher rose from 52.5 per cent in 2010/11 to 55.8 per cent in 2011/12.
• 1.7 per cent of 2011/12 school leavers attained no passes at Access 3/ Standard Grade Foundation (SCQF level 3) or better (2.1 per cent last year, 2010/11).
• The proportion of pupils who left school during or at the end of the academic year 2010/11, who were in positive destinations in March 2013, was 89.5 per cent. This is higher than last year (87.2 per cent) and all preceding years.
• In 2013, 19.6 per cent of the total school roll were registered for free school meals – the same as the previous year.
• Of those pupils present on the survey day in 2013, 49.5 per cent took a meal (free or paid for) supplied by the school, an increase from 48.7 per cent in 2012
• In 2013, 89 per cent of primary and secondary schools were meeting the target level of physical education provision (At least 120 minutes per week for all primary pupils and at least 100 minutes for all S1 to S4 pupils), an increase from 85 per cent in 2012.