Chapter 5 Footnotes
1. 21 per cent of adults living in the 15 per cent most deprived areas in Scotland had been a victim of crime in the last 12 months compared with 17 per cent of those living in the rest of Scotland. (Scottish Crime and Justice Survey, 2010-11)
2. The risk of crime decreases with age. 26 per cent of those aged 16-24 had been the victim of crime in the last 12 months compared with 22 per cent of 25-44 year olds, 18 per cent of 45-59 years olds and 9 per cent of those aged 60+. (Scottish Crime and Justice Survey, 2010-11)
3. Scottish Household Survey 2011
4. Scottish Household Survey (2011)
5. Scottish Household Survey (2011)
6. Scottish Crime and Justice Survey (2010-11)
7. Criminal Proceedings in Scotland (2010-11)
8. Prison Statistics and Population Projections Scotland (2011-12)
9. McIvor G. and Burman M. (2011) Understanding the Drivers of Female Imprisonment in Scotland. Scottish Centre for Crime and Justice Research.
10. The Commission on Women Offenders (2012) Final Report.