Table 4: Total devolved public sector employment by sector; Scotland, Headcount
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Total Devolved |
|Civil Service||Other Public Bodies|
|Further education colleges||Local Government||Public Corporations|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
Source: Quarterly Public Sector Employment series, Scottish Government, Office for National Statistics
1. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred.
2. Local Government category revised to include Strathclyde Partnership for Transport ( SPT) following a review by the National Accounts Classifications Team at ONS.
3. A number of local government staff have transferred to arms length organisations which are part of the private sector under National Accounts definitions. For example, staff transferrred from Glasgow City Council to Cordia Limited Liability Partnership from 1 April 2009 thus explaining the decrease in local government employment between 2008 and 2009.
4. Staff from Local Authority District Courts and Police Authorities have transferred into the Devolved Civil Service since 2007.
5. Information for further education colleges in Scotland is based on actual information from Q4 2010. The method used to create the back series is detailed in the background notes of this publication.
Detailed tables showing a full time series of data - all quarters back to Q1 1999 - are available to download from the Public Sector Employment Websection: