Register to receive email news alerts, daily digest, weekly roundup or Topic newsletters.
Naureen Ahmad, Scottish Government Justice Analytical Services
ISBN 978 0 7559 9828 9 (Web only publication) DPPAS 11018
This document is also available in pdf format (274k)
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Background Aims and objectives of the evaluation Research Methods Conclusions Recommendations
1. INTRODUCTION Background Aims and objectives of the evaluation About this report
2. RESEARCH METHODS Overview Background Questionnaires for SoF children, their coaches, parents and unsuccessful young people Analysis of documentation related to the SoF young people Interviews with teachers involved with the SoF young people Observations of SoF sessions Reflections on the research methods Consent and Confidentiality Data Analysis
3. SETTING THE CONTEXT What is youth diversion and what does it do? Young people and diversionary initiatives through Cashback Cashback stakeholders and projects Aims of the SoF Selection process How does the SoF work? Analysis of documentation related to the SoF children
4. PUPILS' VIEWS ON TAKING PART IN THE SOF Introduction Feedback from unsuccessful pupils
5. PARENTS' VIEWS OF THE SOF
6. COACHES' VIEWS OF THE SOF Criteria for selection
7. INTERVIEWS WITH SCHOOLTEACHERS Equality and diversity
8. OBSERVATIONS OF THE SOF
9. CONCLUSIONS Evaluation of delivery and impacts Impact upon participants Attendance Academic performance Selection process Unsuccessful pupils
APPENDIX 1: QUESTIONNAIRES FOR SOF PARTICIPANTS
APPENDIX 2: QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
APPENDIX 3: QUESTIONNAIRE FOR SOF COACHES
APPENDIX 4: QUESTIONNAIRE FOR UNSUCCESSFUL PUPILS
The views expressed in this report are those of the researcher and do not necessarily represent those of the Department or Scottish Ministers.
This report is available on the Scottish Government Social Research website only www.scotland.gov.uk/socialresearch.
Page updated: Thursday, December 09, 2010