Appendix Two Health Board Follow up Interview schedule
Health Boards: Follow up telephone interview
Brief introduction to project, purpose of interview.
1. Can you describe briefly your job title and role within your health board.
2. Discussion around questionnaire return.
3. Is control of part 4 AWI within your remit?
4. What are your general views on this piece of legislation?
5. How do you feel your health board is managing part 4 of AWI?
6. How many staff work on the administration of part 4?
7. What policies and procedures are followed by staff for application of part 4?
8. Are all hospitals in your health board authorised?
9. Does someone in each hospital take responsibility for part 4 or is this managed centrally?
10. Who holds these records?
11. Briefly, how do managers/individuals go about the process of applying for a certificate of authority?
12. Can you describe briefly your review procedures
13. Can you describe briefly your monitoring and recording procedures
14. On what grounds were applications for part 4 rejected?
15. Awareness and use of the code of practice
16. Have you identified any issues which the code of practice does not appear to cover?
17. Are there any issues which you would like to raise?