G CHAIRS AND MEMBERS: ANNUAL UPRATE 2008-09
What is the annual uprate for Chairs and Members?
1. Subject to obtaining the appropriate Scottish Government approval, the daily fee rates to Chairs and Members for 2008-09 may be increased as follows:
- Up to a 2.00% increase for Chairs and Members whose current daily fee ( including any pension contribution) is below the relevant ceiling in the Daily Fee Framework. Increases are limited to the ceiling of the relevant Band.
- No increase for Chairs or Members whose daily fees (including any pension contribution) are currently at or above the ceiling in the Daily Fee Framework, except where these were agreed previously by Ministers at levels above the ceiling. Where this was the case, then a business case may be put to the Scottish Government Remuneration Group to apply the 2008-09 increase. The business case should set out why the existing daily fee is above the ceiling; when and who approved it; and the percentage (maximum 2.00%) to be applied.
2. Where the 2.00% uprate results in an amount less than a whole pound, then this may be rounded up to the nearest pound.
3. It is open to the sponsor team to waive any increase (for example, where this would cause problems for the public body in managing its administration costs).
4. The Daily Fee Framework for 2008-09 is set out in full in Chapter F, paragraph 13. The ceiling limits are as follows:
Table 4: Chairs & Members Daily Fee Framework 2008-09 - ceilings (gross daily fees)
When do the increases apply?
5. Increased daily fee rates will apply from 1 April 2008, or the usual settlement date where later.