Satellite Group 4 1.03.07
|Description||Meeting of Satellite Group 4 on 1.03.07 |
|Official Print Publication Date|
|Website Publication Date||August 13, 2007|
Satellite Group 4 - Minutes 1/03/07
Date of Satellite Group Meeting
Thursday March 1 2007
Annual Workplan for Group
1.To establish sustainable pathways for professional training of the following priority groups of personnel:
2. To map where training is provided for each group and record gaps in provision. Collect statistics on each group, shortfalls, recruitment and maintenance levels.
3. To work towards establishing standards for all LSPs and bilingual professionals.
Topic/s Addressed in Meeting
1.How to collect the following for each group of personnel:
- levels and qualifications
- training pathways
- recruitment, retention and career progression
- research available and gaps
- support networks
2. Need to explore models of provision and funding mechanisms.
1. Support SCTTL to restart the lipreading teachers course on a sustainable footing.
2. Explore pathways for BSL/English interpreter training with relevant partners - SASLI to take lead.
3. Check with Rachel and SENSE about funding when level of course is below that which triggers funding stream.
Immediate/next actions - when and by whom
1. PM to collect know numbers on BSL tutors and level at which they teach.
2. Group to start collecting stats on all groups.
3. Liaise with SASLI on starting the process of exploring different pathways for training of BSL/English interpreters.
The group would like to find out more about funding of linguistic support in education for Deaf people with special needs (multiply disabled) and for congenitally deafblind people.
To consider the long term future of lipspeaking provision, is demand diminishing or being overtaken by notetakers?
What is the situation with communication support workers in Scotland - numbers, training routes?
|Date completed by Project Manager|
Back to contents
- | version 2006-10-26 12:30 Version 2
Page updated: Monday, August 13, 2007