PRIORITIES FOR 2007-08
8. It is essential that each organisation's workforce is equipped with the necessary skills, expertise and that staff are sufficiently motivated in order to deliver high quality public services whilst ensuring that increases to their paybill are value for money and affordable within agreed provision.
9. Pay is a delegated matter and it is for each pay group to tailor a package that suits their own business needs, albeit within public sector pay policy constraints. The key priorities for 2007-08 are for all pay remits to deliver constrained, affordable, sustainable and non-inflationary pay settlements and for pay proposals to be:
- tailored to the business needs of each individual organisation;
- value for money;
- set at the amount necessary to recruit, retain and motivate staff;
- responsive to the relevant labour markets in Scotland; and
- fair and non-discriminatory.