We would like to hear your thoughts on the following questions about this guidance:
Key challenges in managing community care services (paragraphs 35-38)
1. Should other key challenges beyond those mentioned at paragraph 35 be included?
Directors of Social Work (paragraphs 53-57)
2. Should the Directors of Social Work have other roles in addition to those set out in paragraphs 53-57?
3. Can you provide any best practice examples or case studies that demonstrate effective joint planning for pandemic influenza across health and community care?
4. Will the information flows and other measures set out in paragraphs 58-60 and Figures 2-3 (page 17) be sufficient to ensure local community care staff and providers have access to timely key information?
5. Can you provide any best practice examples or case studies that demonstrate how your local authority already communicates urgent information to community care providers across all sectors?
Managing staff absences (paragraphs 97-102)
6. What other measures can community care providers take to help manage staff absences?
7. Can you provide any best practice examples, case studies or ideas to support care providers in implementing any of the proposed measures?
Occupational health and staff welfare issues (paragraph 103)
8. Are there other measures that community care providers may wish to take to support the occupational health and welfare of their staff?
9. Can you provide any best practice examples, case studies or ideas to support care providers in implementing any of the proposed measures on occupational health and staff welfare?
Training and education for staff (paragraph 107)
10. What would community care providers need to enable them to provide the kind of training and education mentioned in paragraph 107?
11. With what resources could those training and education objectives best be met, e.g. fact sheets downloadable from a website, a video/ DVD, local training sessions etc?
12. Has your organisation already developed training and education on the topics mentioned at paragraph 108, which could be shared more widely?
Infection control and personal hygiene (paragraphs 108-110)
13. Are there other measures that might minimise the spread of infection in the community and in community care settings?
14. Can you provide any best practice examples or case studies that demonstrate how the potential adverse impact of infection control measures could be minimised in community care settings?
Emergency short-term breaks (paragraphs 115-116)
15. Can you provide any best practice examples or case studies of how local authorities can respond flexibly to meet/manage abnormal peaks in the numbers of people requiring short-term breaks?
Supporting access to antivirals and vaccines (paragraph 117)
16. How feasible and/or helpful would it be for localities to set up local response centres to offer advice and support to users of services and their carers, eg telephone advice through existing council helplines, to support access to antivirals etc?
Pandemic planning in different community care settings (paragraphs 121-133)
17. Paragraphs 121-133 above list some of the service-specific issues providers may need to address. Are there service-specific settings/issues missing that you would like included?
18. Can you provide any best practice examples or case studies that demonstrate how any of these issues could be planned for or addressed?
Disclosure Scotland and Protection of Vulnerable Adult checks (paragraphs 135-139)
19. How can the risks of not performing full checks be minimised?
Questions on entire operational and strategic framework
20. What might improve the scope/content of this guidance?
21. Are there any additional comments you wish to make about this document?