The Scottish Executive Transport Statistics Web Pages
These can be found at: www.scotland.gov.uk/transtat They provide:
- "one page" summaries of "high level" statistics on a range of Transport topics
- other information, including:
- the specification of the "Stats 19" road accident statistics returns (including details of the changes made with effect from the "January 2005" returns);
- arrangements for consulting users and providers, including:
- Transport & Travel Statistics Advisory Committee (also via: .../transtat/ttsac )
- Liaison Group on Road Accident Statistics (also via: …./transtat/lgras )
- the Transport part of the Scottish Executive Statistics Plan.
- links to other relevant Web sites.
Updated versions of Scottish Transport Statistics tables will be prepared:
(a) when Main Transport Trends is published, to provide more detailed figures on many of the topics which it covers;
(b) when a further year's figures become available for "key" topics, such as those for which Main Transport Trends shows "not available" for the latest year (like the "bus" and "waterborne freight" statistics in the "2006" edition); and
(c) to correct any errors that are found in published tables.
Please note that:
- the updated tables will be made available in spreadsheets which will appear separately from those which give the figures in the tables that were originally published;
- the electronic version of the publication will not be updated - it will remain as published.
Extra road accident statistics tables: there are twelve, each covering the years from 1981 to the year of the latest Road Accidents Scotland. They provide numbers on topics such as:
- killed and seriously injured casualties by mode of transport;
- child casualties by age and sex;
- accidents by police force area and severity; and
- casualties by Council area and severity.
In order to receive e-mails notifying you of the "release" of updated versions of Scottish Transport Statistics tables, extra road accident statistics tables, new Scottish Executive ( SE) Transport Statistics publications and any consultations on SE Transport statistics, you can join the ScotStat "Transport" e-mail list. To do this, register as a user of SE Transport statistics by going to: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/scotstat/Intro and clicking on the "subscribe" button (towards the foot of the menu at the left-hand side of the screen). You will be asked to provide your "user details" for the register. Then, on the "My areas of interest" page, "tick" the "Transport" box (and any other topics of interest to you) and click on the "Save" button (at the foot of the page) before logging out. You will then receive all e-mails sent to the list(s) for the subject area(s) in which you have registered an interest.