6. FQP Action Plans
Once the FQP as identified the solutions it aims to implement, an Action Plan of deliverable outcomes can be drawn up. This might helpfully identify who is going to project manage each initiative. It may be appropriate to create a working group to help the project manager deliver the initiative.
Agreed actions could include, for example:
- improving access by preferred route maps
- reviewing delivery restrictions
- facilitating parking, loading and unloading at the point of delivery
- transferring freight from road to rail and, where appropriate, water-borne modes of transport
- reducing vehicle emissions and noise
- reducing fuel consumption
- improving safety
- improving operational efficiency.
A number of these are inter-related and the list is not intended to be exhaustive; the range of possible actions will be determined by the unique circumstances and agreed priorities in any area or region.