Register to receive email news alerts, daily digest, weekly roundup or Topic newsletters.
Kevin Lowden, Linda Garside, Sheila Hamilton The SCRE Centre, Faculty of Education, University of Glasgow ISBN 0 7559 2705 2 (Web only publication) This document is also available in pdf format (560k)
1. Introduction and background1.1 Introduction 1.2 Context 1.3 The SCRE Centre evaluation
2. Key insights and the local authority perspective2.1 Introduction 2.2 Insights on SSP/ OSHL arising from key informants 2.3 Findings of the local authority survey of SSP/ OSHL provision 2.4 Summary
3. SSP/ OSHL in Scottish schools3.1 Introduction 3.2 School survey findings 3.3 Summary
4. SSP/ OSHL approaches in context4.1 Introduction 4.2 SSP/ OSHL themes of interest 4.3 Summary
5. Key findings and recommendations5.1 Introduction 5.2 Planning SSP/ OSHL5.3 The extent and nature of SSP/ OSHL since 1999 5.4 The outcomes of SSP/ OSHL
Appendices:Appendix 1: Profiles of the nine 'insight' schools Appendix 2: Commentary on comparison of SCRE survey of local authority and SEEDSSP data Appendix 3: Breakdown of the local authority survey sample
The views expressed in the report are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Executive or any other organisation(s) by which the author(s) is/are employed.
The Scottish Executive is making this research report available on-line in order to provide access to its contents for those interested in the subject. The Executive commissioned the research but has not exercised editorial control over the report.
This web only report is accompanied by a summary in the Education Research Insight series " Insight 20: Study Support and Out of School Hours Learning in Scottish Schools" and web only supplementary report " Evaluation of Study Support and OSHL in Scottish schools: Supplement: Details of SSP/ OSHL provision in the Strand 4 'Insight schools' ".
All reports are published by Information and Analytical Services Division, Scottish Executive Education Department, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh, EH6 6QQ. If you have any enquiries about these reports please contact the Dissemination Officer on 0131-244-0316.
The reports were published in October 2005.
Page updated: Monday, October 03, 2005