re>SEARCH: issue four - March 2002
re>SEARCH: issue four MARCH 2002
FOCUS > OUTPUTS AND OUTCOMES
For the first time, the sponsored bodies research outputs have been compiled to demonstrate the importance and impact of the ABRG-supported science base. Information on the Scottish Agricultural and Biological Research Institutes (SABRIs)*, RBGE and SAC's knowledge transfer activities and exploitation of research in 2000-01 was collated.
2000-01 was a highly successful year for the SABRIs, RBGE and SAC in terms of scientific output, commercial activity and publicity. Highlights included:
- Published nearly 1500 scientific papers, with 817 in peer reviewed journals.
- Won approximately 400 contracts from 3rd parties with a total value of 11 million.
- Completed 170 ABRG grant-in-aid funded projects.
- Filed or strengthened over 20 patents and released 4 new plant varieties.
- Agreed approximately 80 new licences to their IPR with 3rd parties.
- Produced 292 News Releases, which helped secure at least 2,300 stories in the popular press.
- Held 71 Open Days as well as 420 other events to engage with end-users.
* The SABRIs are HRI, MRI, Macaulay Institute, RRI and SCRI including BioSS.
Page updated: Tuesday, July 18, 2006