Scottish Index of Manufactured Exports
Scotland’s Chief Statistician today announced the publication of the latest Index of Manufactured Exports for the first quarter of 2012. This quarterly publication measures growth, in real terms, of overseas export sales by the manufacturing sector in Scotland.
The main findings:
* Scottish manufactured export sales fell by 0.6 per cent in real terms during the first quarter of 2012.
* On an annual basis, comparing the most recent four quarters to the previous four (4Q-on-4Q), exports grew by 4.2 per cent in real terms.
* The largest contributor to both the quarterly and annual growth rates was the Food & Drink sector, which experienced a fall of 2.9 per cent in the latest quarter and growth of 8.8 per cent over the year (4Q-on-4Q).
* Full results for all manufacturing sectors dating back to 2002 are published in the statistical bulletin.
1. The full statistical publication can be accessed at:
2. Further information on Economy statistics within Scotland can be accessed at:
3. Official statistics are produced by professionally independent statistical staff – more information on the standards of official statistics in Scotland can be accessed at:
4. Users of Scotland’s official statistics may register their interests on ScotStat. Registered users will receive details of all plans relating to production of statistics, changes in data sources and methodologies, and prior notice of publications and developments. ScotStat can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/scotstat