Director of Strategy and Ministerial Support
Strategy and Ministerial Support Directorate is headed by Angiolina Foster and consists of 5 Divisions:
- Cabinet and Corporate Business Secretariat
- Corporate Strategy and Analytical Services Co-ordination
- Ministerial Private Offices
- Performance Division
- Public Bodies Policy
Strategy and Ministerial Support Directorate facilitates the delivery of the Government's Purpose by: providing critical support through its 5 main business areas; assisting the First Minister and the Cabinet in setting the strategic direction of the Scottish Government; and supporting the Permanent Secretary and the Strategic Board in delivering on the National Performance Framework, by advising on governance, capability and capacity to deliver.
- Support Ministers in delivering the Scottish Government's Purpose by facilitating a co-ordinated approach across the Scottish Cabinet, the Strategic Board and the broader organisation.
- Communicate clearly key Government aims, policies and objectives; and advise Cabinet and the Strategic Board on the effectiveness of delivery of outcomes.
- Provide highly professional and seamless support to Ministers through robust Private Office systems and processes to enable Ministers to carry out a full range of Ministerial duties.
- Ensure that policy development and delivery across the Scottish Government is informed by high quality statistical and analytical evidence.
- Work with key organisations to enhance the strategic alignment of the public sector with the Government's Purpose, with a specific responsibility for alignment of Scotland's public bodies, in order to deliver on the National Performance Framework.
- Develop and deliver policy across the Scottish Government by establishing robust and co-ordinated systems for planning, tracking and reporting on progress against set targets.