Director HR and Corporate Services
HR and Corporate Services Directorate (HRCS) is headed by Barbara Allison and provides a wide range of support services for the Scottish Government. Its aim is to create the conditions that will enable the Scottish Government to successfully deliver the National Outcomes, by delivering an efficient and effective working environment and high quality professional advice and support, for the organisation and its staff.
The Directorate covers four main areas:
- Facilities & Estate Services
- Human Resources Division
- Information Systems and Information Services
- SCS Development & Corporate Learning Services
By delivering an efficient and effective working environment and high quality professional advice and support, we will create the conditions that will enable the Scottish Government to deliver the Government purpose.
- To help the Government improve its capability and increase public value by facilitating and supporting business improvements.
- To provide high quality services that are simple to access, centred around the needs of our customers and joined up at both the point of request and delivery.
- To work with customers and suppliers to maintain continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of our services.
- To ensure that the Government has the optimum number of people with the right skills in the right place to deliver the Government's purpose.
- To plan for the future by identifying talent, supporting staff in the development and helping them to identify the appropriate career opportunities.
- To develop and implement an employee engagement model for the organisation that will improve the way we listen and communicate, share best practice and celebrate success with our staff.
- By enabling efficient and effective use of information and technologies, we will support the delivery of the Purpose of Government.
- To provide cost effective, safe and healthy workplaces and facilities, which exemplify the Government's Greener Scotland commitments.
- To achieve the most effective and efficient use of the Government estate through the provision of professional advice covering acquisitions, management and disposal of property, as well as providing advice on the implementation of relocation policy.