The Government's purpose is to focus public services on creating a more successful country, with opportunities for all of Scotland to flourish, through increasing sustainable economic growth. This means:
- Enabling businesses and people to increase their wealth and more people to share fairly in that wealth.
- Helping people to sustain and improve their health, especially in disadvantaged communities, ensuring better, local and faster access to health care.
- Helping local communities to flourish, becoming stronger, safer place to live, offering improved opportunities and a better quality of life.
- Expanding opportunities for Scots to succeed from nurture through to life long learning ensuring higher and more widely shared achievements.
- Improving Scotland's natural and built environment and the sustainable use and enjoyment of it.
Scottish Government directorates that support these aims include Communications, Human Resources and Information Services and Information Systems (ISIS).
Topics contain more information on the policies and initiatives undertaken by the Scottish Government. They act as a background to the work of Directorates.