The Scottish Government's overall Purpose is to focus government and public services on creating a more successful country, with opportunities for all of Scotland to flourish, through increasing sustainable economic growth. Greener Scotland is one of the Strategic Objectives of the Scottish Government - to improve Scotland's natural and built environment and the sustainable use and enjoyment of it.
This section covers sustainable development in Scotland, including how policy is delivered through the Greener Scotland Strategic Objective. It includes information about Greener policy, links to the Greener Scotland Programme Board and lists key players responsible for the delivery of the broader sustainable development agenda in Scotland. This includes information on:
- The Sustainable Development Commission in Scotland and the Sustainable Scottish Network.
- Measuring progress, which includes the indicator set developed for Choosing Our Future: Scotland's Sustainable Development strategy; and information on the development of additional measures on progress.
- UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development, setting out Scotland's response to the global call to put education for sustainable development at the heart of everyone's learning experience.
- Policies and targets of Public Bodies in the Environmental Performance of Public Bodies initiative.
- Funding available for research, demonstration projects and other relevant activities in support of sustainable development and the Greener Scotland Strategic Objective in Scotland.
- Key policy speeches relating to Greener Scotland and to sustainable development policy issues.
- A range of case studies from sustainability projects around Scotland
Where the information within this class can be located
This class of information can be located within the ' Sustainable Development' section of the Scottish Government website or through one of the alternative routes described under section 5 of this scheme.