Class 2 -News
Introduction to class
The Scottish Government uses a range of communication tools to ensure that the public are fully informed of its policies (e.g. news releases, videos, podcasts, email alerts).
In particular, current information on the following is provided:
- Scottish Government news releases.
- Ministerial press articles.
- Online news broadcasts.
- Media briefings.
- Ministerial speeches and statements.
- Information on current marketing campaigns* (The Government's marketing campaigns are designed to explain policies, to inform the public of devolved Government services available to them, their rights and responsibilities, and to influence the social behaviour of individuals and businesses).
- Details of advertising expenditure* (published annually).
- List of award winning Scottish Government campaigns*.
- Scottish Government Newsdesk contact information.
- Branding guidelines.
An archive of older news information is also available.
Where the information within this class can be located
Except where asterisked, this class of information can be located within the ' News' section of the Scottish Government website or through one of the alternative routes described under section 5 of this scheme. The asterisked (*) information can be found in the 'Topics' section under 'Government' of the Scottish Government website.